Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Getting into a creative state of mind


I realized I haven't been "making" much lately- hadn't had much inspiration and I started wondering why.
I looked around and saw that my space wasn't doing anything to help get me in the "zone." Clutter everywhere, especially mail- I knew I had to do something
Let's all channel "if you clean it, it (the inspiration) will come."

Before:


And after:


Before, there was clutter everywhere, tons of old mail (we're talking 5 years at least), and I couldn't even sit on the couch!
I spent an entire Sunday sorting and getting rid of all the mail, pulling out all the books and DVDs and even stacks of CDs and sorting those, trying to donate as much as I could, and throwing out all the other junk that I don't ever use.  I now have a shelf in the closet for all my paints, spray paints, other little art supplies, a bin for my yarn, and I have more space to spare.

I'm a happy girl 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment