Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sock texture pattern

After making my first pair of socks (check these out) my husband asked me to make him a pair of socks.  He didn't want any self-patterning yarn, he just wanted a plain color.  Of course I couldn't make a plain sock, so I looked all around for a "masculine" looking pattern for a texture, but didn't find anything I loved, so I decided to make my own, and came up with an awesome diamond pattern!  
(As always, I use the Sock Wizard for the sock pattern itself)


Just getting started, but the diamond is already coming out nicely














It's  subtle, but gives it a little "something," you know what I mean?
For his sock, I used Cascade Yarns Heritage Silk- it is super soft

This texture works for anything with counts of 14. 
Row 1:    *k5 p3 k6, repeat from * to end of row
Row 2:    k4 p 5 k5, repeat from * to end of row
Row 3:    k3 p3 k1 p3 k4, repeat from * to end of row
Row 4:    k2 p3 k3 p3 k3, repeat from * to end of row
Row 5:    k1 p3 k5 p3 k2, repeat from * to end of row
Row 6:    p3 k7 p3 k1, repeat from * to end of row
Row 7:    p2 k9 p3, repeat from * to end of row
Row 8:    p1 k11 p2, repeat from * to end of row
Row 9:    p2 k9 p3 (is the same as row 7), repeat from * to end of row
Row 10:    p3 k7 p3 k1 (is the same as row 6), repeat from * to end of row
Row 11:    k1 p3 k5 p3 k2 (is the same as row 5), repeat from * to end of row
Row 12:    k2 p3 k3 p3 k3 (is the same as row 4), repeat from * to end of row
Row 13:    k3 p3 k1 p3 k4 (is the same as row 3), repeat from * to end of row
Row 14:    k4 p 5 k5 (is the same as row 2), repeat from * to end of row









No comments:

Post a Comment