Friday, January 16, 2015

Feeling Inspired

So if you’ve read my “about me” section, you’ve figured out by now that much of my life has always been based around creating “something,” even since I was a kid.  In more recent years, I have realized that I like always having 1 or 2 projects to work on in my free time.  Creating something, big or small, takes me to my happy place.  Lately I’ve been mostly drawn to knitting and crocheting.  This is one of those projects that I thought would be a great modern twist on an old classic- the granny square blanket.

When my niece was born, I wanted to make her a baby blanket and matching hat- so instead of all the little squares sewn together, I made one massive granny square and hat to match.  At the end, it looked like it was missing something, so I crocheted some little rosettes, and added those.


Then came the coordinating hat!

Baby hat pattern (courtesy: Crochet Spot)
Materials: Medium Weight Yarn
Crochet Hook I (5.50 mm)
Gauge: Rounds 1 – 3 in pattern creates a circle that is 3 3/4″ in diameter
Round 1: ch 4, 12 dc in forth ch from hook, sl st in top of beg ch: 12 dc
Round 2: ch 3, 2 dc in each dc around, sl st in top of beg ch-3: 24 dc
Round 3: ch 3, (2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc) around, sl st in top of beg ch-3: 36 dc
Round 4 – 10: ch 3, dc in each dc around, sl st in top of beg ch-3: 36 dc
Finish off.

Directions for the rosettes can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment